db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Re: SYSIBM schema
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:47:36 GMT
Hello Rick,

After googling a bit on this, here's what I found from IBM:
-
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html
"The sysibm.sysdummy1 table is a special in-memory table that can be used to
discover the value of DB2 registers as illustrated above. You can also use
the VALUES keyword to evaluate the register or expression."

And also:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/admin/r0002369.htm

"SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 catalog view

Contains one row. This view is available for applications that require
compatibility with DB2 Universal Database for z/OS and OS/390."

I believe this is the equivalent to Oracle's DUAL table (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUAL_table).

Hope it helps,
Tiago

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com>
wrote:

> Can someone shed some light on the purpose of the SYSIBM schema? It
appears to hold a table called "SYSDUMMY1". What is this table used for?