db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:59:58 GMT
Hello everyone,
First let me start by thanking all those who have been involved in picking
me for a position at the GSoC 2009 this year. I cannot begin to express how
very ecstatic and thrilled I am for having been given this opportunity. I
appreciate the vote of confidence and all that I can promise is that I will
try my best on the task at hand.

I would also like to thank Kathey who was an invaluable help last year and
who continuously helps me through this challenge.

Google or no Google, I think we're all winners; I confess that if it wasn't
because of this program, I probably wouldn't have gotten to know Derby and I
would be missing out on the great experience that is the open-source
community. Luckily there are companies and individuals who invest in getting
the open-source community rolling - not just with money but with time and

The first challenge is down but the real challenge starts now; proving those
who bet on me right.

Thank you all once more for the opportunity and we'll be seeing each other

Best Regards,
Tiago R. Espinha

View raw message