db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generation of latest docs seems to have broken
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:22:20 GMT
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Myrna van Lunteren
<m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that Andrew's cron jobs are susceptible to interruptions...

Yes, they are regularly interrupted by password changes. This seems to
be something different, as I haven't needed to update passwords
recently. I'll investigate.

> I guess someone else could set up a cronjob, but that might run into
> the same - it still needs the personal attention of whomever
> volunteers to set up the cron job.
>
> I saw a message come by a bit ago about buildbot.
> I may be completely off, but maybe someone can investigate if that
> would be something we could set up for the docs and javadocs builds?

There is a relatively new Apache-wide Builds group+list,
builds@apache.org. I haven't looked into it yet. See also:

http://www.apache.org/dev/builds.html

I've also mentioned solving these occasional outages with an Apache DB
Solaris zone for doc and javadoc builds that would be accessible to
all Apache DB committers for various build and test purposes, however
it might be less work to piggyback on already set up infrastructure. A
DB zone would probably be more configurable/flexible than one of the
CI setups listed on the builds webpage, though.

cheers,
andrew