db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.5.1.1 release candidate
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:59:46 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>> Please test and vote on the second 10.5 release candidate, 10.5.1.1
>>> (revision 764942), available at:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby-10.5.1.1-RC2/

+ .5

I agree with Myrna that DERBY-4181 and DERBY-4075 are worrisome and
would add to the list the increased likelihood of DERBY-4053 with 10.4
client and 10.5 server and DERBY-4180 an apparent regression with 10.4
client and 10.5 server.  It would have been nice to get the war file
tested and do some performance testing too.

That said, try as I might,  I haven't been able to  pop any more
Blockers, so the release should probably go ahead.    We can continue to
bang away on it and fix issues after release.
I also agree with Myrna that a 10.5.2 release is a good idea.

Kathey