db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Stored Prepared Statements? -- Thoughts on exposing StorablePreparedStatements to user/external statements
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:31:35 GMT
In order to persist ordinary user statements, we will need to think
carefully about every bit of compiled state which was added to
executable statements after cloudscape removed support for storing user
statements. For instance, I believe that when GRANT/REVOKE was added,
there was no need to persist the compiled list of required permissions.
I don't see this list being persisted in
GenericStorablePreparedStatement.writeExternal().

Regards,
-Rick