db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Error when running the MailJdbc test
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:18:53 GMT
Ole Solberg wrote:

> The case I reported was run with derby.properties and with NetworkServer:
> java org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.MailJdbc NetworkServer

I am sorry, I haven't run with network server, so have no insight.
> I just started two embedded runs, w/ and wo/ derby.properties:
> java org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.MailJdbc embedded.
>

> Without derby.properties I see:
> -------------------------------
>  : INFO :Purging Thread : delete mails which are older than 1 day
>  : INFO :Refresh Thread : Error while inserting attachments:The
> statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key
> value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified
> by 'ATTACH__PK'
>  defined on 'ATTACH'.
>  : ERROR :insertMail() failed The statement was aborted because it
> would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key
> constraint or unique index identified by 'ATTACH__PK' defined on
> 'ATTACH'.
>  : INFO :Deleting mail by refresh

The primary key violation is a known issue with the test and explained  at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12405685/insertMailSummary.txt.
I filed DERBY-4166  to improve the test.  It also occurs with the 10.4
run of the test.

> With derby.properties I see:
> ----------------------------
>  : INFO :Backup Thread : dbsize before compress : 1179648
>  : ERROR :Backup Thread : Error while doing the Compress procedure:
> The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: User 'BACKUP' can not perform
> the operation in schema 'REFRESH'.' was thrown while evaluating an
> expressi
> on.
I don't know if this also occurred in 10.4. If not,  I would be curious
if the DERBY-1062 change is related.  The description says:
1) shares existing alter table code, so things like error checking,
security management, ... is all done by one piece of code
3) future changes addressing ddl like grant/revoke will automatically work.

So maybe there were some security fixes as part of that change? Just a
guess.

>  : INFO :Backup Thread : Finished Compressing the table: INBOX
>  : INFO :Backup Thread : dbsize after compress : 1441792
>  : INFO :Backup Thread : dbsize before compress : 1441792
>  : ERROR :Backup Thread : Error while doing the Compress procedure:
> The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: User 'BACKUP' can not perform
> the operation in schema 'REFRESH'.' was thrown while evaluating an
> expressi
> on.
>  : INFO :Backup Thread : Finished Compressing the table: ATTACH
>
> AND
>
>  : INFO :Refresh Thread : Error while inserting attachments:The
> statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key
> value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified
> by 'ATTAC
> H__PK' defined on 'ATTACH'.
>  : ERROR :insertMail() failed The statement was aborted because it
> would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key
> constraint or unique index identified by 'ATTACH__PK' defined on
> 'ATTACH'.
>  : INFO :Deleting mail by refresh

I have also seen deadlocks and lock timeouts in the test in both 10.4
and 10.5.  I don't know whether those are intentional or not.

Kathey