db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Is anybody actively reviewing DERBY-2487?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:39:49 GMT
I'm considering moving forward with the latest patch proposal
for DERBY-2487. There is still a lot of work left to do here,
but I think I can do it after the first patch has been committed
to the trunk.

Does anybody think they will have time to study the patch and
offer any feedback? I'm particularly interested in large issues
that need to be addressed prior to moving this work to the trunk,
but any feedback is welcome.

There's no particular rush to get the work submitted, but on the
other hand it's a large patch and I'd like to get the work into
the trunk, if we're going to do that, before any substantial new
work on other projects gets underway, to avoid unnecessary
amounts of merging (though the merge risk is a lot less now that
the patch isn't trying to add new system catalogs).

So I'm just sounding out the community for opinions about when
might be a reasonable point to consider committing this work
into the trunk.

thanks,

bryan