db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Issues with SQL Roles
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:12:55 GMT
Tiago Espinha wrote:
> Kathey, here's what I have so far:
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgdrw3xt_3fp3pbngf

Thank you Tiago for testing SQL Roles.
> After some hiccups with the user documentation for SQL Roles (which
> ended up being my fault), I managed to get the roles working without
> the need to check any additional documentation.
I think the suggestion to make it clearer in the documentation that a
role needs to be explicitly set to be used was a good one.  Please file
an issue for that.

> I also made some
> functional tests (those on the doc.) and maybe I should/could make
> them a JUnit test?

Please check RolesTest to see if any of these cases are not covered and
add them if they are not.
> I'm also open to more suggestions for tests, stuff where the roles can
> break so if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

I'll think about it but it looks like Dag has stumped us so far.

Kathey