db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: About my progress on GSOC
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:24:23 GMT
yun lee wrote:
> However, it seems that other patches are ignored by developers.

Thank you Yun, for the patches.  One thing you can do to help bring
attention to your patches is check the patch available checkbox and then
it will show up on the patch available list that comes to the list each
day.  That way they are less likely to be missed.  Just to remember to
uncheck the box when you are reworking patches.  I will take a look at
some of your patches today.

> Now, I would love to try some more difficult issues to dive into
> Derby. Well, I'm interested in Derby-4107
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4107). However I feel a
> bit hard to try it out, as it needs more knowledge on Derby, which I'm
> lack of at this moment. Could you please show me some relative
> document and code with DATE function ?  Thanks!

One trick you might use to find out where the DATE function code is to
start ij with java -Dij.exceptionTrace=true org.apache.derby.tools.ij,
and then call the DATE function with an invalid argument like -1.  Then
you will get a stack trace that should point you to the DATE function
code.  The documentation for the DATE function is in the reference manual.

Hope that helps

Kathey