db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.4 -> 10.5 hard upgrade run
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:24:25 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> If I read the stack trace you provided from derby.log correctly, that
> error did not happen in the replication tests, but in the upgrade tests:

Good point.  I think I have been trying to do too many things at once
and not looking carefully.  So, do the replication tests not use
system/wombat at all?  If that's the case, then perhaps the failure is
unrelated to upgrade even though I saw it twice in a row.

Below is the only thing of interest in db_slave/derby.log:

ERROR XRE43: Unexpected error when trying to stop replication slave
mode. To stop repliation slave mode, use operation 'stopSlave' or
'failover'.

    at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.db.SlaveDatabase.verifyShutdownSlave(Unknown Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.internalStopReplicationSlave(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database.makeConnection(Unknown Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.getConnFromDatabaseName(Unknown
Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.verifyUserIdPassword(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseSECCHK(Unknown Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

Cleanup action completed

2009-04-06 19:12:16.375 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_7,5,main] (DATABASE =
C:\test4\db_slave\wombat), (DRDAID = {4}), Unexpected error when trying
to stop replication slave mode. To stop repliation slave mode, use
operation 'stopSlave' or 'failover'.

   I can't really correlate it to the failing test though. The exception
the test reported does not seem to be in either log.  Perhaps the logs
were overwritten by other tests or perhaps it is just one of those
errors that doesn't get logged.

Kathey