db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4 -> 10.5 hard upgrade run
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:34:34 GMT
On 04/07/09 00:07, Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>> Could this be another manifestation of DERBY-3719?
>>>
>>> That bug doesn't show the entire stack for the test failure, and it's
>>> on a different test, but the error seems similar...
>>>
>>> Myrna
>>>

>> Thanks Myrna,
>>
>> I accidentally blew away my results on rerun, so can't confirm the
>> LogBufferFullException, but we'll just assume for now it is the same
>> as DERBY-3719, unless I can reproduce again and find a different root
>> cause. I'll put a comment in the issue.
>>
> I did another 10.4 -> 10.5 hard upgrade run and again got the same
> failure in the same test (testReplication_Local_StateTest_part1)  This
> time I was able to retrieve the derby.log and am wondering if maybe it
> is something different than DERBY-3719.  I see this errror in the
> derby.log  The interesting thing is that it is complaining about the
> singleUse\oneuse7c database and that one is created by the test and so
> was not hard upgraded.  I only premade wombat.
>
> Caused by: ERROR XSLAN: Database at C:\test4\system\singleUse\oneuse7c
> has an incompatible format with the current version of the software.
> The database was created by or upgraded by version 10.5.

.
.

I have tried looking for a similar case in our testing ....

Was this seen in a db_master/derby.log or db_slave/derby.log?

The replication tests creates its test databases for each testcase and
puts its derby.log files in db_master/ and db_slave/.

The repl. tests currently do not test replication after upgrade or
upgrade on a replicated db - should probably be added though.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway