db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preliminary results from testing the 10.5.1.0 RC
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:20:45 GMT
On 04/07/09 10:01, Ole Solberg wrote:
> On 04/07/2009 09:57 AM Ole Solberg wrote:

>>> Could it be this bug? http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6471009
>>>
>>> I seem to recall that it used to make suites.All take a very long time
>>> on older releases of Java RE 6. It was only seen on the server VM, I
>>> think, but the 64-bit JVM only supports the server VM, so you can't work
>>> around the problem by using the client VM. Could you try with a newer
>>> JVM and see if the problem is still there?
>>>
>> Yes, I have started on that.
>> Will probably have our lab-people install the newer jvm though, for
>> general use in our testing.
>>

> Actually, we have it, I just need to configure for it....

Reran OK (with the usual DERBY-3819) on

sparc aka Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits:
Time: 13,247.624
There was 1 failure:
1)
test_predicatePushdown(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.PredicatePushdownTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:

Expected Table Scan ResultSet for T3

and
sparcN+1 aka Solaris Express Community Edition snv_95 SPARC 64bits:
Time: 13,939.859

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway