db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: jdbc:default:connection and data modification statements (DERBY-2487)
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 17:22:09 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> In my current investigation of DERBY-2487, I've been working with
> jdbc:default:connection, and mostly I've been successful.
>
> However, in some of my tests, I encounter an error:

Following up on my own question, I seem to be having much better
success with this code:

         ConnectionContext cc = (ConnectionContext)
             lcc.getContextManager().getContext(ConnectionContext.CONTEXT_ID);
         return cc.getNestedConnection(true);

I'm not sure quite what the difference is between this approach,
and the approach of calling InternalDriver.connect('jdbc:default:conn'),
but I'll continue testing with the approach that's working and we
can discuss it more in the context of reviewing the DERBY-2487 patch...

thanks,

bryan