db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: change model for adding upgrade support?
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:58:51 GMT
Hi Bryan,

There used to be a wiki page devoted to upgrade testing, but I see that
the link is broken here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting

I think what you have to do is this:

1) Create
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests.Changes10_6,
modelling it on Changes10_5

2) Add tests to that class. Each test is a switch statement and each
case in the switch statement is an upgrade phase. The phases are
documented in UpgradeChange

3) Wire Changes10_6 into
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests._Suite and add
10.5 to the OldVersions table

4) Put the 10.5 jar files into a directory parallel to the other
directories of old releases so that they will be picked up by the
upgrade machinery

Hope this helps,
-Rick