db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preliminary results from testing the 10.5.1.0 RC
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:55:59 GMT
On 04/06/09 14:21, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Ole Solberg <Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> I looked a little closer at this:
>> The failure appears to be in
>> Embedded_40/PredicatePushdownTest/test_predicatePushdown.
>
> That's probably the known instability in that test, then. (DERBY-3819)
>
>> The test run later hangs and is aborted by the testing environement....
>>
>> The full log of the test run is here:
>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/debug/10.5.1.0_RC_jvm1.6-64_sparc_suitesAll.zip
>>
>> This was on Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits.
>> A similar hang is also seen on Solaris Express Community Edition snv_95
>> SPARCbits.
>
> Do you know which test is hanging? Is it possible to modify your
> environment so that it takes a thread dump before aborting the test?
> (Maybe you've already done so, but I couldn't find a thread dump in the
> zip file.)

I did another run on sparcN+1 aka Solaris Express Community Edition
snv_95 SPARC.
(And on sparc aka Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits, which is
not yet finished.)

The tests do NOT hang but takes more than 10 hrs on these platforms,
when our test environment just kicks it out!
I did create some thread dumps on these runs to hopefully get an idea of
what is happening.
The log from the "sparcN+1" is at
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/debug/10.5.1.0_RC_jvm1.6-64_sparcN+1_suitesAll.zip

I will upload the result of the "sparc" test when it's ready.

I will then run the tests in the pure Apache Derby test environment
and/or run in our test environment with a much larger limit than 10 hrs.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway