db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preliminary results from testing the 10.5.1.0 RC
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 07:39:31 GMT
On 04/05/2009 11:47 PM Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Ole Solberg <Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM> writes:

>>> Thanks for the report, Ole. I have one question, please see below.

>>> Do you have the stack trace for this error? The report seems to have
>>> been truncated:
>>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/10.5.1.0_RC/jvm1.6-64/testing/testlog/sparc/757599-suitesAll_diff.txt
>>>
>> This happened in derbyall, see:
>> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/10.5.1.0_RC/jvm1.6-64/testing/testlog/sparc/757599-derbyall_diff.txt
>>
>> but the first diff is
>>
>> ********* Diff file
>> derbyall/derbynetmats/DerbyNet/derbynetmats/holdCursorIJ.diff
>> *** Start: holdCursorIJ jdk1.6.0_06 DerbyNet derbynetmats:derbynetmats
>> 2009-04-02 23:25:38 ***
>> 115 del
>> < ERROR X0X95: Operation 'DROP TABLE' cannot be performed on object
>> T1' because there is an open ResultSet dependent on that object.
>> 115a115
>>> ERROR X0X95: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: X0X95,
>> SQLERRMC: DROP TABLET1X0X95.S
>> 116a117
>>> ERROR 58009: Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error
>> that caused deallocation of the conversation.  The requested command
>> encountered an unarchitected and implementation specific condition for
>> which there was no architected message.
>> 120 del
>> < ERROR X0X95: Operation 'DROP TABLE' cannot be performed on object
>> T1' because there is an open ResultSet dependent on that object.
>>

>> so my automatic matching probably fooled me here...
>
> OK. But still, the link I posted above shows a failure in suites.All,
> but it doesn't say which test. Is that log from an aborted test run?

I looked a little closer at this:
The failure appears to be in
Embedded_40/PredicatePushdownTest/test_predicatePushdown.

The test run later hangs and is aborted by the testing environement....

The full log of the test run is here:
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/debug/10.5.1.0_RC_jvm1.6-64_sparc_suitesAll.zip

This was on Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC 64bits.
A similar hang is also seen on Solaris Express Community Edition snv_95
SPARCbits.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway