db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: XAException.errorCode on XAException caused by an SQLException
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:13:42 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> When an XAException occurs during xa.start() or other XA operation,
> because of an SQLException, what should the XAException.errorCode be?
> Currently we have an errorCode of 0, regardless of the severity.  Is
> this correct, or should it be XAER_RMERR for SESSION_SEVERITY
> exceptions or all SQLExceptions?
Looking more closely at the spec, I would suggest XAER_RMFAIL for
SESSION_SEVERITY or greater and XAER_RMERR for lower severity exceptiosn.

XAER_RMERR is described as:
A resource manager error has occurred in the transaction branch.

XAER_RMFAIL is described as:
Resource manager is unavailable.

Please let me know opinions. If I don't hear anything I'll file an issue
tomorrow to change it.

Thanks

Kathey