db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests missing on holdCursorExternalSortJDBC30.sql ?
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:18:04 GMT
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Tiago Espinha <tiago@espinhas.net> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I am working on DERBY-4090 and I started with the
> holdCursorExternalSortJDBC30.sql . The thing is that on the file's overview,
> 10 tests are reported as follows:
> -- overview:
> --    TEST  0: test hold cursor with external sort (order by).
> --    TEST  1: basic heap  scan tests (multiple rows)
> --    TEST  2: basic btree scan tests (zero rows/update nonkey field)
> --    TEST  3: basic btree scan tests (multiple rows/update nonkey field)
> --    TEST  4: basic btree scan tests (zero rows/read only/no group fetch)
> --    TEST  5: basic btree scan tests (multiple rows/read only/no group
> fetch)
> --    TEST  6: basic tests for cursors with order by
> --    TEST  7: test of hold cursor code in
> DistinctScalarAggregateResultSet.java
> --    TEST  8: test of hold cursor code in GroupedAggregateResultSet.java
> --    TEST  9: test scan positioned on a row which has been purged.
> --    TEST 10: test scan positioned on a page which has been purged
> However, only two actual tests exist in that file. Is this normal or am I
> missing something? Why would the remaining tests have been removed?
> Tiago

Hi Tiago,

Converting this test is actually DERBY-3842 - currently owned by
Junjie, but I think you can just assign yourself and link it to
DERBY-4090. Junjie made a patch but there were some comments that
never got addressed.

But to get to the point you were asking - looks to me like the top of
comments at the top of the test are somewhat bogus - looks like
someone might have done a cut-and-paste from holdCursorJDBC30.sql and
never adjusted the comments.

HTH.
Myrna