db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Derby Test and Fix
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:39:03 GMT
Hi Folks,

This is just a progress update. I checked out the Derby trunk and built the
jars from the source. Then I tried out each and every test suite possible.
Most test suites turned out just fine with 100% success rate. But when
trying out the derbyall suite there was a one test failure. I have attached
the report for your reference.

I also had a look at the issues which are marked 'new comer' and I already
see a couple of interesting ones that I can start working on. I'll look into
them as soon as the ApacheCon-EU is over. Talking about ApacheCon EU, I have
made arrangements with Dag Wanwik to meet up on Tuesday (24th March). Thanks
Dag for contacting me off-list and making the necessary arrangements. I'm
sure we can further discuss how things are at the Derby community these days
once we meet up.

I'll start preparing the proposal as soon as possible. Before I do I want to
know whether there are any expectations from the community that I should be
aware of. Any special issues, project goals that I should be concerned of?

Thanks,
Hiranya