db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Derby Test and Fix
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 06:39:15 GMT
Hi Folks,
I'm Hiranya Jayathilaka, an undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka. I was going through the list of GSoC project ideas from ASF and I
noticed the Derby-Test and Fix project listed there. I'm really interested
in taking up this task since it will give me a great opportunity to work
with a large fraction of the Derby code base. Also I believe my
contributions in this project can make a significant impact on the usability
of the software.

I have used Apache Derby in the past a lot but haven't really looked into
the source code. So now I'm in the process of studying the Derby code base.
Since it is a fairly large code base I would appreciate some help in getting
familiar with the code. Please do let me know where I should get started.
Any special packages/modules/classes I should look into?

Also if there is anything in particular I should be concerned of with
respect to this project (any critical bugs etc I should focus on) please
advice me. Any response is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiranya