db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: About Derby and DERBY-3892
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:23:41 GMT
> I made a try on DERBY-3892 and i have face a problem with compiling yor
> given java class (class not found exception:
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver) though i start the embadde driver.

Hi Eranda, thanks for having a look at this problem.

Are you having a problem *compiling* the test program? Or *running* the
test program? I think that the test program only requires the Derby driver
class when it is running, so I'm guessing you are trying to run the
program now?

To run the test program, you'll need to have the Derby classes on your
CLASSPATH environment variable, or set as the '-cp' argument when running.
See: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/getstart/twwdactivity3_Setup.html

So try something like:

java -cp /path/to/derby/lib/derby.jar:. Main_Updated

If that doesn't work, try posting the full details of what command you
are issuing, and what the exact exception is.

thanks,

bryan