db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Highly intermittent ClassCastException in org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.GenericQualifier.getOrderable
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:26:40 GMT
I am looking at a ClassCastException for which I have no derby.log and
very little information (just a stack trace).  The version is 10.2.2.0 -
(485682).  The stack trace is:

 Initial Exception; SQLState: 'XJ001'  errorCode: '0'  Msg: 'Java
exception: '[[Lorg.apache.derby.iapi.store.access.Qualifier; incomp
 java.lang.ClassCastException:
[[Lorg.apache.derby.iapi.store.access.Qualifier; incompatible with
org.apache.derby.iapi.types.DataVal
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.GenericQualifier.getOrderable(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NoPutResultSetImpl.clearOrderableCache(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BulkTableScanResultSet.openScanController(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TableScanResultSet.openCore(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BulkTableScanResultSet.openCore(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.open(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
     at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown
Source)

It seems even the message is truncated somewhat.  I looked at the
failing method and the exception seems to occur at one of two
invocations of:
    (DataValueDescriptor) (orderableGetter.invoke(activation));

Unfortunately,  this is my first time working with this particular code.

Has anyone seen this before or have any immediate ideas where to look
for a problem.

Thanks

Kathey