db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.5.1.0 release candidate
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:34:01 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:

> If you plan to vote against the release if DERBY-4075 is outstanding,
> I think we need to lay a plan for it.
One thing to note is that the community can still make a release even if
I vote -1.  It is not a veto and some might say I am too conservative
about these things, but thanks for placing such importance on my vote
and this issue!

> I've been running the test for weeks without seeing the issue. The
> largest database grew to 67 GB (plus 67 GB for the backup), another
> one grew to 32 GB.
> If we clearly communicate the environment where the problems have been
> seen, people would get the chance to start test runs of their own.
> After all, starting the test itself is very simple.

I tried it on my Windows XP box with IBM 1.6 and cutting the sleeps to
one tenth of their original setting,  but ran into out of space errors
after  9 hours.  I  plan to start playing with this again after my buddy
testing is complete.  It would be great if others could kick off runs.

 >I have also seen an issue with multi-threaded inserts (25 threads
against the same table) and >a subsequent table compress
Thanks for identifying a new issue. I look forward to hearing more about
it, particularly if it is a regression.

Kathey