db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.5.1.0 release candidate
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:24:56 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I think it's worth spinning a new release candidate for this problem.
> We might want to wait another day to see if people trip across other
> serious problems with the current RC.

I think we should wait more than a day.  I think it would be good to get
the first round of Buddy testing done.  I think I should be able to
finish update statistics by Friday.   Also we still have DERBY-4075 to
contend with.  I plan to vote against the release if this issue  is
outstanding.

Speaking of buddy testing, we still have some features unassigned.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenFiveOneBuddyTesting
Students, buddy testing is a great way to start contributing to the
community and requires little set up.  You just need to update the Wiki,
download the release candidate and do some ad hoc testing of  the
feature and documentation.

Kathey