db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.5.1.0 release candidate
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:28:41 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Please test and vote on the 10.5.1.0 release candidate, available at:

Knut Magne Solem has tested the in-memory back end on Windows, and found
a bug that makes it impossible to use on Windows.
See comment on DERBY-646.

I'll be looking into this today, and hopefully have a patch ready at the
end of the day. I have even managed to get hold of a Windows test machine :)
My opinion is that it would be unfortunate to release 10.5 with a new
feature that doesn't work on Windows, even if the feature is experimental.

Other options;
 o do nothing, let non-Windows users test/use the in-memory back end
 o pull the feature out (still requires building a new release candidate)

--
Kristian