db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Derby Test and Fix
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:30:05 GMT
Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
> Thanks for the guide lines.

It is strange I didn't get your mail describing your test issue and
asking this question. I do see it in the archives, however, so I assume
it is some problem on my end, but since there does seem to be a problem,
if it ever seems like I am ignoring you, give me a ping as I may not
have seen your mail.

You asked:
>I'll start preparing the proposal as soon as possible. Before I do I
want to know whether >there are any expectations from the community that
I should be aware of. Any special >issues, project goals that I should
be concerned of?

In your proposal please make sure you call out.
    - Work you have done on Derby already, including reading
documentation and setting up your build and test environment.
    - Work you plan to do on Derby. Site specific issues you would like
to work on. If you like I can help you identify ones that might be
appropriate.
    - Your availability during the GSoC period. Ideally specify how many
hours per week you can work and any dates you will be out on vacation etc.

It would be ideal if you could complete or at least get started on an
issue before April 3 when ranking begins so we can see some example of
your work and interaction with the community on technical issues.

I have offered to review other students' proposals and would be happy to
review yours before you submit if you would like input.

Thanks

Kathey