db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Too many HighValueFixCandidates?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:12:00 GMT
We have a list of high value fix candidates in Jira.  The related Wiki
page describes this list as

... where members of the development community and those involved in
support and QA can list fixes that they see as giving a potentially high
return on time investment based on:

-Frequency and likelihood the issue might be hit by users.
-Estimated difficulty of fix.
- Risk to existing users if the fix is implemented.
- Severity of the issue.
- Availability of a workaround.
- The amount of user/developer time is wasted by the issue.

The list is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&customfield_12310200=High+Value+Fix&resolution=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

To be of useful size, I figure the list should be about 10% of our bug
backlog, so right now that would be about 35 bugs. (We currently have
352 open code bugs. Yikes!). The list is currently at 53, but I can't
decide what should go.

Anyone have suggestions as to what should go, or should we just leave it
as is for now and fix more bugs to bring down the list.

Kathey