db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Soye <john.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Derby & NSIcom's CrE-ME Error
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:33:10 GMT
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list to send this to; I hope
it is.
I'm writing a CDC program for a Pocket PC running Windows Mobile and
decided to use Cre-Me to emulate it. Once I got a simple application working
with Netbeans 6.5, I needed to add some database functionality to it, so
I decided to use Apache Derby because of its small footprint. I
temporarily used the
code in "SimpleMobileApp" that comes in the Derby demo directory to test
this.

Here's what I'm not sure of ...
I copied the files derby.jar and derbytools.jar into the folder
\windows\CrEme\lib on the NSIcom CrE-ME emulator but when I run my
application I get the message below.
Does anyone know what the error means? I'm not sure if I'm missing
another jar or completely off track.

I use:
* Netbeans 6.5 IDE
* CrE-ME V4.12  and Windows Mobile 5 images
* Derby 10.4.2.0

Many thanks, John.
---------------------------------------------- Error Message

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm) Evaluation Version
CrE-ME J2ME(tm)
CrE-ME V4.12 B142.190307 19-March-2007
MemoryLimit=29184Kb
EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,
Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException: method
initCause(Ljava/lang/Throwable;)Ljava/lang/Throwable; not found
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException.<init>()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException()
  at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>()
  at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>()
  at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection()
  at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect()
  at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
  at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
  at testApp.Main.runDemo()
  at testApp.Main.access$200()
  at testApp.Main$4.run()
  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch()
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run()