db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-4053) suites.All hang with message java.net.BindException: Address already in use: NET_Bind in derby.log
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:00:51 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4053?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12682759#action_12682759
] 

Myrna van Lunteren commented on DERBY-4053:
-------------------------------------------

The frequency of the hangs on the machine where I run 10.4 tests have diminished a lot after
I had hyperthreading switched off. With it switched on, it was practically every run, and
not in the same test everytime.
However, I did see one more recently.
In addition to the Net-Bind messages in system/derby.log, I also got this in the test output,
not sure if that was an environment quirk or if it's related to the problem:
testAllDataSources used 313 ms java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:197)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:116)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.fillReplyBuffer(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.readResult(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.pingWithNoOpen(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.NetworkServerControlImpl.ping(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl.ping(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.NetworkServerTestSetup.pingForServerUp(NetworkServerTestSetup.java:546)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.NetworkServerTestSetup.pingForServerStart(NetworkServerTestSetup.java:615)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.NetworkServerTestSetup.setUp(NetworkServerTestSetup.java:191)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:18)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:172)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:138)
F.
----------------------
After this, there were a couple more fixtures that apparently went ok:
----------------------
connectionJdbc20 used 2109 ms .
resultsetJdbc20 used 781 ms .
maxfieldsize used 67593 ms .
SetQueryTimeoutTest used 43750 ms .
rsgetXXXcolumnNames used 125 ms .
savepointJdbc30_JSR169 used 6594 ms .
testRelative used 94 ms .
savepointJdbc30_XA used 6516 ms 
----------------------
      And after that, nothing.

> suites.All hang with message java.net.BindException: Address already in use: NET_Bind
in derby.log 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-4053
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4053
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Network Server
>    Affects Versions: 10.5.0.0
>            Reporter: Kathey Marsden
>         Attachments: derby.log, javacore.20090211.123031.4000.0001.txt, suites.All.out
>
>
> Running suites.All with IBM 1.5  on 10.5.0.0 alpha - (743198)  I got a hang in the test
run.  The last test to run successfully was xtestNestedSavepoints, but I am not sure exactly
what test caused  the hang.  I took a thread dump which I will attach, which showed network
server up and running but no ClientThread and a ping attempt blocked.
> This hang is very similar to the hang that was seen after the fix attempts for DERBY-1465
but that change was backed out so it is not related to that change.   It could be that the
change for DERBY-1465 just made this highly intermittent problem more likely.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message