db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r742512 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.4/tools/ant/properties/release.properties
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:06:41 GMT

> Hi Myrna,
>
> I have backed out this change since you are not comfortable with it.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick

Thanks Rick...

I am not certain I got my point across.

I don't have a problem per se with bumping the fourth digit, I have a
problem with JIRA and sysinfo getting out of wack.

Maybe we can simply follow a policy that whenever someone needs it,
the fourth digit can be bumped?
Like, a request to derby-dev, so the JIRA administrators can add a
version? The person requesting the bump should ensure JIRA's affected
have the correct version #.

This would make fourth digit a kind of informal patch level, but we'd
not necessarily save the builds.

Opinions?

Myrna