db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: overriding ant.properties in my home directory
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:40:56 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
>   This is really more of  an ant question but I couldn't find the
> answer by google or at the ant site, so I am hoping someone who builds
> derby will know the answer.
>
> I have a shared home directory on diffferent machines but want to
> specify a different ant.properties on the different machines to
> reflect machine specific locations.  Is there a way I can override the
> default ant.properties location and use a different ant.properties
> file for my build?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kathey

Hi Kathey,

I think that you will get what you want if you invoke ant like this:

  ant -propertyfile ${mypropertyfile} ...

I haven't tried this. I don't know whether that property file takes
precedence over ${user.home}/ant.properties. Apparently, -D properties
take precedence over the -propertyfile properties. Just to be safe you
might want to remove from ant.properties all properties which you want
to override in the machine-specific properties files. For more
information, see the "Running Ant" section of the ant manual.

Hope this helps,
-Rick