db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject DERBY-2487 for 10.5?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:06:52 GMT
I'm interested in pursuing whether DERBY-2487 could be completed
in time for the Derby 10.5 release. The current draft schedule
on the Wiki suggests a branch creation date of March 16, which
doesn't leave a huge amount of time.

However, I think that the DERBY-2487 patch is in pretty good shape,
so I think it's reasonable to consider this as a candidate for the
release.

What does the community think? Would this be too aggressive? Are
there particular issues with the patch which people feel are blockers
at this point? Is anybody interested in reviewing the patch in
greater detail prior to commit? What risks do people see in including
this patch in 10.5?

Please understand, I'm not proposing to commit the patch now; I'm
anticipating a fair amount more work on the patch prior to commit.
But I do think it's quite possible it could be ready in time for
the 10.5 release, and I'd like to make that happen if possible.

thanks,

bryan