db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject why are LOBs not allowed as function/procedure arguments?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:24:37 GMT
Does anyone know why Blobs and Clobs are not allowed as arguments to
Derby functions and procedures? There are two bits of disabling code
which prevent this usage:

1) A DDL bind-time check which prevents you from declaring a
function/procedure argument with a BLOB or CLOB type

2) A DML bind-time check which prevents you from invoking a
function/procedure which has a BLOB or CLOB argument

When I remove these disabling checks, I can successfully declare and
invoke routines which have [BC]LOB arguments.

Thanks,
-Rick