db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bumping the fourth digit
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:50:56 GMT
One thing I thought might be worth mentioning, (or it may just muddy
things more) is that for years I have had success giving users builds
that are clearly marked with the the build number (e.g. presenting the
build as 10.3.3.1.706492 instead of just 10.3.3.1).  The only real
problem this ever caused was the case where generated code changed and
we needed the version bump for SPS recompile.

I am still not personally adverse to bumping the fourth digit more
often, but thought I would present this as a workable  alternative.

Kathey