db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bumping the fourth digit
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:52:14 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> As a test of this, I have updated the description of 10.4.2.1. You can
> see this by clicking on the link you forwarded. Does this format look
> reasonable to you?

I think we cannot include an url to the Sun build in Jira.  According to:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

"Do not include any links on the project website that might encourage
non-developers to download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release
candidates, or any other similar package.
Under no circumstances are unapproved builds a substitute for releases.
If this policy seems inconvenient, then release more often. Proper
release management is a key aspect of Apache software development.

Just the subversion commit number should be sufficient in the Jira
version comment I think.

Kathey