db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Bumping the fourth digit
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:08:46 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Where should be track that association of external releases with
>> subversion commit-stamps? On the wiki? In a special JIRA entry?
>>
> I think when you create a version, you can put in a comment which is
> displayed here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:versions-panel

> Can these comments be edited?  If so, we could update them with the
> final subversion commit for the version.

Yes, the comments can be edited by those listed as administrators for
the Derby Jira project. This list currently consists of the following
people: Andrew McIntyre, Jean T. Anderson, Kristian Waagan, Rick
Hillegas, Rodent of Unusual Size. The role of an administrator mostly
consists of merging / managing versions, assigning new contributers to
the developer role, assigning developers to the committer role, and
assigning people to the PMC role. Except for the ability to assign
issues to oneself when being in the list of contributers, I'm not sure
if the other roles are actually paid attention to or used for anything
special.
Did I forget something?

Also, we share a Jira instance with many other ASF projects, so the
possibility to make custom changes may have been somewhat restricted. In
general, I think Jira is working nicely. The most annoying thing coming
up in my mind, is that you can't set the patch available flag when you
upload a new file. It has to be done in a separate step. This is no big
deal though.

I also like to have a release date set for the various releases, but it
is not quite clear to me which date is considered as the release date;
 o the date of the latest Subversion commit for the release?
 o the date the release artifacts are published and made publicly available?
 o the date when the release was built?
 o the date the community vote passes?
 o a date determined by the release manager?
 o another date?

--
Kristian