db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Documentation build error
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:42:50 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> /home2/bpendleton/src/derby/docs/trunk/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/pretargets.xml:136:
>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I think the problem was that I was running JDK 1.5, and the documentation
> build appears to ONLY work with JDK 1.4. After I fully reset my
> environment
> to JDK 1.4 (both PATH and JAVA_HOME), the build seems to run
> successfully.
>
> This seems like a bit of a problem, though, as JDK 1.4 is starting to get
> pretty old. Do we need to be planning to enable documentation builds
> using
> a more recent JDK?
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

Hi Bryan,

For what it's worth, I have just successfully built the docs using a
Java 5 environment. I say "successfully" because

1) after reams of severe FOP warnings, ant said cheerfully "BUILD SUCCEEDED"

2) I looked at the pdf, mono-html, and frame-based-html versions of the
Reference Guide and they looked ok to me

Regards,
-Rick