db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Documentation build error
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:32:44 GMT
> /home2/bpendleton/src/derby/docs/trunk/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/pretargets.xml:136:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I think the problem was that I was running JDK 1.5, and the documentation
build appears to ONLY work with JDK 1.4. After I fully reset my environment
to JDK 1.4 (both PATH and JAVA_HOME), the build seems to run successfully.

This seems like a bit of a problem, though, as JDK 1.4 is starting to get
pretty old. Do we need to be planning to enable documentation builds using
a more recent JDK?

thanks,

bryan