db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: CLOB performance
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:00:16 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Do you think the numbers look acceptable?
>> Is there anything we should investigate further?
>
> Hi Kristian,
>
> I think the numbers look more than acceptable. Most of them are a lot
> better than 10.3 and 10.4, some even orders of magnitude better. Those
> few test that don't show an improvement have more or less the same
> performance as before, so overall the situation seems to be greatly
> improved.

Hi Knut,

That is true.
Nevertheless, if people suspect performance degradation due to the recent work, they are more
than welcome to write tests and add them to [BC]lobAccessTest.
Measuring something is a requirement to make sure regressions aren't introduced, and often
the first step to improve performance :)
Actually running the tests is required too, of course!

--
Kristian