db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From DerbyNoob <thestarchi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using 2 applications running against one derby server
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:43:29 GMT

Hello, I hope someone can help me!

here is my problem:

I have 2 java services, which are very similar to each other, running in one
tomcat. I am using hibernate to connect to derby.
What I want is that the 2 services share one Derby database (networkserver),
but use 2 different schemas, so they don't interfere each other.
My connection url is: connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/myDatabase;create=true;user=person1';
respectivly person2 for the other service.

when the first service is running everything works well, and it creates my
schema implicit, by creating a index. but when the second service is
running, is return a error message that  Index 'myIndex' does not exist.

What am I doing wrong?? or why does the first service doesn't fail?