db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Tripp" <dtr...@mdisolutions.com>
Subject Recovering a database that has been corrupted by DERBY-3347
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:20:12 GMT
Hello all.  I sent this message to the derby-users list recently, but no one
there had any ideas.  So I thought that I would post this question here.  I
hope that I'm not violating the etiquette with this kind of 'cross-posting'.
At any rate, on to my question:

Does anyone know of any way to recover all or parts of a database that has
been corrupted by the bug known as DERBY-3347?
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3347)

The Derby 10.3.3.0 release announcement states: "In some cases one may
recover data from the existing database, depending on the extent of the
corruption, but will require by hand data recovery." and that "one should
consult the Derby list if attempting this recovery."  But I could find no
details anywhere on how to even begin such a recovery.

There are many tables in this corrupted database of mine, but if I could
recover even a few tables (or even get a row count on those tables) that
would be very helpful to me.

Any info on this issue would be much appreciated.