db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where did the release notes for 10.3.1.4 and 10.3.2.1 go?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 04:37:10 GMT
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:

> I am not able to find the release notes for 10.3.1.4 and 10.3.2.1 on the
> web pages any more. Where did they go? I know we removed the downloads
> for those releases because of DERBY-3347, but the release notes would
> still be useful for users moving from 10.2 to 10.4. Or if you want to
> check which new features we introduced in 10.3, as I wanted to do. The
> locations I checked were
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.3.1.4.cgi
> http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.3.2.1.cgi
>
> Is there some other place I should look for them?
>
> All the other releases have release notes at that location (just replace
> the version number in the URL with the release you're looking for).

Removing the release pages might have been overdoing it a little. I
agree it would be useful to have the release pages available via the
website, especially since they capture just the diff from the previous
release, and without the 10.3.2.1 and 10.3.1.4 pages, you can't
quickly get the whole picture.

There is a quick solution, which would be to link the pages from
Subversion to the website. You lose the nice formatting and links
though. The other option (b) is to put the old pages back, but have
the download section point to the 10.3.3.0 page.

Any opinions or other options? If not, I'll try to get around to (b)
in the near future.

andrew