db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Observations on LocalizedDisplayScriptTest
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:33:21 GMT
Recently I have been looking at this test because I was debugging a jvm
specific failure and I noticed the following.

1) The system property derby.ui.codeset does not have any effect because
the script is run with runScript which takes its own encoding parameter.
The file always gets read in US-ASCII even though the file format is
Cp932. (It uses the constructor for ScriptTestCase that sets the
encoding to US-ASCII.)
2) The test seems to be testing  LOCALIZEDDISPLAY ON which would only
affect date and time output format and not have anything to do with the
special characters in the test.

It seems like it might make the test easier to manage if we took out the
ncharc column of the table and the special characters, took
derby.ui.codeset out of the test and just had an ascii sql file and master.

Thoughts?

Kathey