Thank you Knut and Army  for the detailed explanation. Again now I have the same question that Kathey raised...

Thanks
Manjula

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Army wrote:

As a general rule, when looking at a given query plan the join order is reflected by the order in which you see the table names as you scroll from the top of the plan downward.

As for how to incorporate this into RuntimeStatisticsParser, the only thing I can think of is to add an boolean orderedSearchStrings(String[] searchStrings) method to RuntimeStatistics parser that will search for the specified strings in order and return true if they are there in the order they are in the array.

Kathey

--
Thanks,
Manjula.