db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Report - tinderbox_trunk16 705255 build failed - Sun Database Engineering [Auto-generated mail]
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:38:15 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:
>
>>> Would it be ok to have just a java program execute (assumption - to be
>>> checked - java is available?)
>>
>> That seems fine to me. If Ant is running, Java is definitely running.
>
> +1
>
> Perhaps instead of a Java program, you could use a Java task? See
> org.apache.derbyPreBuild.PropertySetter for an example. I think you
> basically just take your test and make it throw a BuildException if you
> want the build to fail.
>
> --
> Knut Anders

Thx Knut, that's what I meant - use a java task to execute a java class.

I just attached a patch that does this to DERBY-1458. It looks much
simpler than the junit call etc. I did think it more appropriate now
for the class to sit in the derbyBuild package...

I don't think that if it doesn't break the build, the output of the
check should cause the build to fail, so I've made it currently so
you'll see WARNING outputs coming out of this  java task...

I was about to check this in as Kathey responded, I'll wait a bit to
see if anyone else wants to have a go...

Myrna