db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Report - tinderbox_trunk16 705255 build failed - Sun Database Engineering [Auto-generated mail]
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:22:57 GMT

> The way I read the <junit> docs in the Ant manual
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html
> the junit task doesn't work unless you do the special
> setup mentioned in the notes.
>
> Probably, on your machine, you copied junit.jar into some master
> location in your classpath, long ago, and may have forgotten that
> you did this, but on these tinderbox machines their copy of Ant
> does not have a junit.jar installed in any special location
> (e.g., ANT_HOME/lib, JRE/lib/ext, etc.)
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

I was testing with ant 1.7 (and I think we only require 1.6.5, or
1.6.2, and there are some things different with 1.7 & classpath
settings) and junit.jar was indeed in my classpath. I assumed -
incorrectly - that the builders would automatically have junit.jar
available as - again I assumed - there'd be a build of the
functionTests.

I now realize I made quite a few assumptions here.

I could add a check for junit.jar, but maybe it's better to not have
this as a junit test at all; there's hardly anything in it relating to
junit.
Would it be ok to have just a java program execute (assumption - to be
checked - java is available?)

Myrna