db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Build Report - tinderbox_trunk16 705255 build failed - Sun Database Engineering [Auto-generated mail]
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:29:04 GMT
> I'll remove the dependency again, but to satisfy my curiosity, if
> someone can maybe figure out why on this particular machine the junit
> task doesn't work I'd appreciate it.

The way I read the <junit> docs in the Ant manual
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html
the junit task doesn't work unless you do the special
setup mentioned in the notes.

Probably, on your machine, you copied junit.jar into some master
location in your classpath, long ago, and may have forgotten that
you did this, but on these tinderbox machines their copy of Ant
does not have a junit.jar installed in any special location
(e.g., ANT_HOME/lib, JRE/lib/ext, etc.)

thanks,

bryan