db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Question regarding runtimestatistics and join order
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:25:11 GMT
Army wrote:

> As a general rule, when looking at a given query plan the join order
> is reflected by the order in which you see the table names as you
> scroll from the top of the plan downward.

As for how to incorporate this into RuntimeStatisticsParser, the only
thing I can think of is to add an boolean orderedSearchStrings(String[]
searchStrings) method to RuntimeStatistics parser that will search for
the specified strings in order and return true if they are there in the
order they are in the array.

Kathey