db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem verifying the release
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:13:43 GMT

> I tried --refresh keys and it added 7 signatures to Rick but I still
> got the same error, perhaps because there is no overlap in the
> signatures between me and Rick. I then attempted to upgrade my gpg
> which caused more serious problems.  If you are able to verify
> properly I think we can write my problems off to user error.

FWIW, I did a quick check of all the signatures (pgp and md5) right
after Rick posted the release candidate and didn't find any
problems. Note that gpg told you that the signature was good. What it
warned you about, was that you didn't trust anyone who had signed Rick's
key. You can update your trust db with "gpg --update-trustdb".

--
Knut Anders