db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with build.xml so that DataDictionary class will compile with jdk1.5 and higher...
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:28:35 GMT
Hi Kristian,

I think that exactly is my problem. With my build.xml, when I compile
with verbose
ant -verbose all
I see that DataDictionary is getting pulled in earlier than it's
intended target. Although, the java class which is getting compiled
right before DataDictionary does not have any reference to
DataDictionary. Here is what I see when running with verbose
compile_types:
    [javac] org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java added as
org/apache/derby/iapi/types/SqlXmlUtil.class doesn't exist.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\classes
    [javac] Using modern compiler
    [javac] Compilation arguments:
    [javac] '-nowarn'
    [javac] '-deprecation'
    [javac] '-d'
    [javac] 'C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\classes'
    [javac] '-classpath'
    [javac] 'C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\classes;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\plugin_g.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\p4clients\main\jdk142\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\tools\java\xercesImpl.jar'
    [javac] '-sourcepath'
    [javac] 'C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\java\engine'
    [javac] '-target'
    [javac] '1.4'
    [javac] '-bootclasspath'
    [javac] 'C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\classes\empty'
    [javac] '-g'
    [javac] '-source'
    [javac] '1.4'
    [javac]
    [javac] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
    [javac] not part of the command.
    [javac] File to be compiled:
    [javac]
C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\SqlXmlUtil.java
    [javac] C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\sql\dictionary\DataDictionary.java:52:
package java.util.concurrent does not exist
    [javac] import java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor;
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] 1 error

Attempts to compile DataDictionary happens multiple times (I assume
because it is getting picked up because of other class dependencies on
it) and everytime with same error.

thanks Rick and Kristian for spending your time on this,
Mamta

On 9/2/08, Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
> On 09/02/08 08:26, Mamta Satoor wrote:
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > You are right, I did have typo in my build,xml file. I have fixed that
> > and I think simplified the build,xml more than what I had last Friday
> > but I still continue to get build errors about missing
> > java.util.concurrent. package.
> >

> Hi Mamta,
>
> I haven't looked into this, but earlier it has been a problem that when you
> compile classes with a lower version of Java, the build system might pull in
> dependencies (other classes) that require a higher version of Java. The
> order of the build targets can be of importance in this case.
>
> Have you investigated if this can be what happens for you?
> Can you identify under which build target the failure is happening?
>

> regards,
> --
> Kristian
>

> > The latest build.xml is attached.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Mamta
> >
> > On 8/29/08, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mamta,
> > >
> > > One think that looks odd to me in the build.xml from your original post
> is
> > > this: you are exluding
> > > ${derby.dir}/iapi/sql/DataDictionary.java. I think you
> may
> > > mean to exclude
> > > ${derby.dir}/iapi/sql/dictionary/DataDictionary.java
> > >

> > > Hope this helps,
> > > -Rick

> C:\p4clients\svnmain\client1\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\sql\dictionary\DataDictionary.java:52:

> > > java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor;

> the

> classes

> > > path="${java15compile.classpath}"/>

> > > org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.DataDictionary

> > > that

> > > this

> be
I was